Monday, December 2, 2013

Our first Christmas

This Christmas is going to be extra special! You see last Christmas I was a pregnant married woman but this Christmas- I'm a mom! Our baby, Jett, will be six months old at Christmas. And now I feel a whole new sense of what it means to decorate for Christmas! So I thought I'd share a few items that I "had to have" to add  some spunk to our decorations!

Elf on the Shelf
This was actually a gift to Jett last year (before he even got here). I'm not sure if I would have bought it for him quite yet as he is too young to understand the concept yet but, I have to admit I like having him out! He adds a whimsical touch to my otherwise plain decorations!


Plate and cup for Santa's milk and cookies
I mean hello- Santa won't like coming by if we don't leave a snack for him! 


Charlie Brown Christmas Tree
I wanted to have a little something Christmas in Jett's room so I felt this dinky tree adorned with a single red ornament and Linus' blanket used as a tree skirt would be the perfect!

So there are my "had to haves"! Please comment with your Christmas "must haves"! Jessica and I would love to hear about them!!!

<3 Rachel

1 comment:

  1. So cute Rachel! Must have for me is good Christmas music!! You know the kind that really starts off as just singing but before you know it you are really worshipping and realizing what a beautiful celebration.

    And now I'd like a Charlie Brown tree too... that is really cute!

    ReplyDelete