Monday, April 28, 2014

Early Morning Workouts (Bikini Series Day 1)

My alarm went off at 5:05.  AM.  On purpose.  I actually got up that early to work out.  Again, I say, on purpose. 

I went to the kitchen to grab my water and stood at the counter ready to cry.  Seriously.  Like, grown up tears.  I did not want to be awake.  I did not like this new fitness-minded self.  I would not be doing this again tomorrow. 

Huffily, I trudged up that stairs to the elliptical that awaited me.  I flipped the dang thing on and got moving.  And then something kind of weird happened.  I started to actually kind of love it. 

I loved being up and moving and starting my day that way.  I really liked not rushing directly from my bed to the process of getting ready for work.  I enjoyed my morning "jog" in my unfinished upstairs, all on my own. 

Told you, weird.  Because this is so not me.  But I'm thinking it's going to be.

It's the first day of the Bikini Series that we told you about a week or so ago.  It is a fitness challenge that lasts for the next eight weeks, taking you right up until the official start of summer.  Each week the Tone It Up team sends out a weekly workout schedule to follow.  You don't have to get up with the freaking chickens to make it work.  However, they suggest morning workouts, so I'm giving it a try. 

I took all my measurements again last night.  (That's always a fun way to spend a Sunday night, right?  "Hey, Honey, come tell me exactly how big my thigh is!"  Whatever.)  And I weighed this morning.  An even more fun way to spend a Monday morning.   

If you still want to join us on this challenge, go to www.toneitup.com and sign up for the 2014 Bikini Series!  It's free to join.  There are nutrition tips and tons of workouts and positive motivation. 

And please do not worry if you can't drag your rear out of bed at 5AM.  Or even 6AM.  Just do the
workouts whenever you can fit them it. 

I can't promise I'm going to love this early morning stuff every day.  But, for right now, I'm all in.  And for me, that's a big step. 

It's time to get healthy for all the right reasons.  Not just to look better in my clothes.  But to feel better all the time.  To live better.  To show my little boy what healthy looks like.  It had to start with Day 1. 

Bring on Day 2! 

--Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment