Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Bare Minerals eye shadow- a review of Queen Tiffany


I have to start this post out by saying that I am not usually a fan of loose powder for foundation, eye shadows or blush. They are just too messy for me and I don’t have time for mess or cleaning up in the morning!

So when I found Queen Tiffany by Bare Minerals (a loose shadow), I was so surprised that I liked it! It’s a gorgeous neutral color! It’s not too bronze (orange) or too brown- it’s just a couple of shades darker than my skin tone. PERFECT COLOR FOR SUMMER!!!! It is a shimmery color so if you don’t like to shimmer- you probably won’t like this color.

I have tried applying it 3 different ways (with my finger sans primer, with a brush sans primer and with a brush with primer). Here are my results:

·        I felt like it wasn’t even when I applied it with my finger, almost like it clumped and was darker in one spot.

·        It did ok applying it with a brush without any primer and actually stayed on most of the day.

·        I prefer to apply it with a brush after primer is applied- It just looked better and lasted longer!

·        I did get some shadow to fall on my cheeks- this is called “fall out” in the cosmetic world and is an artist’s nightmare! The two solutions for this problem is to:

o    Place a tissue under your eye (before you apply the shadow) to catch the powder -my preferred method.

o   Do your eye makeup first and then apply your foundation, powder and blush.

Bare Minerals shadows can be found at Ulta or Sephora and are around $14 each. It’s a pretty big pot of powder but I’m not sure how long it will last since I feel like I do waste more than with  a pressed shadow so, I will keep you posted on that and hopefully I will get better at using it and start to waste less!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment