Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pintererst Find: Crayon Easter Eggs

I'd pinned a few Easter activities for Jack this year.  Ok, so I pin lots of things for Jack to do all the time.  And I rarely actually do any of them.  The best of intentions and all that...

A few weeks ago I saw a pin for using melted crayons to create colorful Easter eggs.  (Find the original blog post linked here.)

I have no idea why this pin became a reality, but I'm pretty glad it did.

Maybe it was the way it looked so dang easy--a real requirement for me and any art project.  But before I really had a chance to talk myself out of it, I was buying eggs and a new set of cheap crayons for Jack to use.

Here's the scoop:

  • Hard boil eggs
  • Immediately set them on a cardboard egg carton
  • Let them cool about a minute or two
  • Take crayons and write all over those bad boys
  • Be careful--they stay hot for a long time!
Jack absolutely loved it!  He was so excited by how easy it was to color on the eggs and had a blast using as many colors as he could to make each one "beautiful!"

This Pinterest find was a definite score and I can absolutely see us doing it again next year.  Maybe we'll even do it sooner so the eggs can be used for decoration.  Or maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself. I am who I am, after all.  Crafty and timely?  Not so sure.  

Here are some pictures of the boy in action and the finished products.  

-Jess
Jack coloring his eggs. 

With some of the finished eggs.  Proud boy.  


I made one, too. 

Melted crayon eggs.




No comments:

Post a Comment