Friday, March 28, 2014

April's No Junk Challenge!

Rachel and I have really been enjoying the monthly challenges that we've been posting.  Well, that might be a bit of a lie.  If I have to do one more tricep dip I might cry.  Big girl tears.  However, despite the pain, they've all been worth it. 

For the most part we've been all about working different areas of the body or, like last month, getting your body moving in general.  And that's a great habit to stay in.  If the warm weather would ever actually stick around (and the rain would ever stop!) it would be a great time of year to head outside and get those bodies in motion.  Really, whatever motions you like will do. 

But for April we thought it might be good to focus on what we're eating and not just on how to work it off.  So we're going to give this little beauty a shot:


Now don't freak out on us.  We know this is not an easy one to tackle.  But, you will notice, it's only for 21 days.  That's just three weeks.  And we believe that you can do it for three weeks.  And we have to believe that because we are trying deperately to believe that we can do it for three weeks.   You feel me?

I'd also like to clarify a few of the rules.  So, here we go:

  • No Fast Food 
    • Look, we understand that fast food is part of life.  There is no way that many of you (or we) are going to be able to go three weeks without heading into a Chick-fil-a or a McDonald's.  If you're like me and my family a lot of that has to do with living on a fixed income and that dreaded B-word: Budget.  If we go out to eat, it ain't gonna be somewhere that they pour my tea and bring me complimentary rolls.  We're living on the cheap right now, so fast food happens. 
    • Instead of NO fast food, we are asking that you choose better fast food.  If you get a chicken sandwich, make sure it's grilled.  If salads or wraps are an option, go for those.  Oh, and hold up on the Ranch dressing.  Yes, I did just say that.  Please don't send hate emails. 
  • No Carbonated Beverages
    • Ok, the name of the game is Caffeine & Concealer.  If you get your buzz from a Diet Coke in the morning, don't let us stop you.  Sometimes coffee just won't do and we know that not all of you love it like, well, I do.  So try your best to limit the fizzy stuff to once a day during this challenge. 
I think we all know that a cheat may happen here or there.  For instance, my sister's baby shower is April 12th.  I'm just saying that there will be sweet treats.  And I'm also saying that I didn't plan this thing to not partake.  But do the best you can.  Really, really try this one on for size.  And see what comes of it. 

We're starting April 1st so you've got a few days to plan and adjust your grocery shopping if you need to.  We'll be checking in on Facebook as we go and would love to hear from you! 

And just think, this will finish up right after Easter.  Read: discount Easter candy at every store in the country.  Come Day 22, let the sugar rush begin!  Or maybe, you'll find yourself smack dab in the middle of a new healthy habit.  Let's see in 21 days...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment