Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pray, Pray, Pray...

There are just some things that I know to be true.  Among them is the fact that I will never grow to love tomatoes no matter how much I try, I cannot seem to find the enjoyment in running, you can still be a "Daddy's girl" at 32, and I will never have the physical ability to roll my tongue to say, "Ruffles have ridges" like my Mama can.  I also know that life will push you until you feel like you cannot take one more thing right before it hands you three.

And there is, without a doubt, a God in Heaven.   

It is because of Him that I know things will be ok. 

The start of 2014 has proven to be somewhat interesting.  And I don't necessarily mean that in the most positive of ways.  Don't get me wrong, some truly wonderful things have already happened or been planned.  And the memories are already rolling in.  Really, in a house with a 2 ½ year old, there is no shortage of new adventure and fun. 

But amongst the new words, completed potty training, loss of the pacifier, the laughter and joy and countless episodes of The Big Bang Theory, we've had some challenges that just seem to keep on coming.  There's just so much meanness in this world, and my sweet family has been privy to quite a bit of it. 

Yesterday showed us a new form of ugly that is best left unwritten here.  Some people that we love more than I could ever put into words are under attack.  Things have been set in motion that cannot be undone and we are all at a point where the most we can do is hit our knees and pray.     

Because that is something else that I know to be true.  When you don't know what to do, where to turn, or how to move from where you are to where you need to be, stop what you are doing and pray.  You don't have to know what to say, because God already knows what you need.  Just start talking.  Ask Him for strength, for wisdom, for guidance.  Ask Him to sit with you in the quiet moments and make them bearable.  Ask him to calm the storm, or to show you the way through. 

Tell Him that you need Him.  Tell Him anything.  He can take it.  Ask Him to carry you.  You might just find out He already is. 

I don't know why things are happening as they are.  But I do know that God has a plan and He does not make mistakes.  And that is what I will cling to through this moment in our lives.  This will not get the best of us.  We have each other.  We have wonderful friends.  We have God.  And that is all we need.   

--Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment