Friday, August 1, 2014

C&C Review: Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Retroglam Mascara


As I was browsing Pinterest I saw a new mascara that sounded like what I need- the pinner said it was the best she had ever used and that she was addicted to it. She said it gave her full lashes without a ton of effort- I mean, isn't that what we are all looking for? So I had to try this one out!!!!


I looked at the Ulta site (here) which described it as: plumps and curves lashes for an eyeconic 60's look! The hourglass brush is shaped to the lash line, pushing lashes up and out to create a bold, wide-eyed look.


I was so excited to get this on my lashes!!!!!!! Oh and did I mention that it was only $5.99????

So last Monday was the first day I used it. I love the way it goes on! Love the brush- I feel like it really grabs my lashes and coats them evenly! However by the end of the day (7pm) - I looked like a raccoon! Not the look I was going for, but I decided this mascara needed a second chance--Monday was a day and a half to keep it polite! Most likely I rubbed my eyes or banged my head against the wall a few times so I wrote this experience off to Mondays!


Tuesday and Wednesday went great- no raccoon eyes and I decided that this mascara wasn't as thick/heavy as my regular and it was softer to the touch!


Thursday I had something in my eye and in the process of getting it out my left eye was watering pretty bad and I had mascara everywhere! It’s like it melted instantly and ran in tear puddles down my face!


So my final thoughts on this mascara is that I will probably use the rest of the tube but will not buy it again. ;( It’s just "OK." I like the brush and how easily it goes on but I need more staying power than what it offers! I would give it a 2 out of 5.
<3 Rachel





No comments:

Post a Comment