Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Saving money in the kitchen and adding a little spunk!

Cooking has been a learning experience in my marriage. I had never touched uncooked chicken until a few months before we got married- it still grosses me out. In the development of my skills, I know I have wasted tons of money by either cooking too much or buying more than what we could eat before it went bad.
So here we are 6 years into and it dawns on me- break these packages down and freeze some of this food! HELLO! Seriously, it was like a light bulb went off! I buy the fresh dinner rolls at the bakery section of the grocery store and break them down onto smaller bags of 2-3 rolls! We do not eat rolls every night so buying a bag with 16 rolls… I know we would toss at least 10! And the same with chicken- I either buy it in the already individually portioned packs (when they are on sale) or buy it in bulk and store it in smaller bags. That way when I know I need to make 2 meals that week with chicken I can pull out 4 breasts or if we only need one meal that week with chicken I can pull 2 out!
My other tip is just to have fun in the kitchen! Experiment and worst case… you order a pizza! I encourage you to have fun, add spices and try new recipes!
<3 Rachel"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude" -- For today's healthy lifestyle, choose Old London.  oldlondonfoods.com #quotes #cooking #juliachild

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment