Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Motivation: 10 Minute Tabata Workouts

If you haven't already heard, let me be the one to break the bad news to you.  It's Monday.  Yeah, again.  Funny thing about Mondays--they just keep on coming back.  Sometimes I swear we go to bed on Friday and wake up on Monday morning.  Really, where do the weekends go?

Mondays have become a pretty big deal to me since I've been trying to get healthier and lose weight.  They signal the beginning of a new week, a fresh start and they're a pace setter for all my upcoming days.  I do everything I can to make sure that I don't skip them when it comes to working out.

I can't lie and say I always pop out of bed, singing the praises of yet another Monday. But I do whatever I can to drag my rear (only mildly kicking and screaming) from my perfectly comfortable and warm bed and get dressed for whatever workout I'd planned for the day.

Whining may or may not happen.  Grumbling most definitely happens.

But so do workouts.

Generally I want something that is going to give me a lot of workout for the least amount of time.  Especially on Mondays.  Enter the 10-minute Tabata workouts on POPSUGAR.com.

My friend Heather has been doing Tabata workouts at her gym the past month or so and she is the one that first introduced me to the new trend you seem to be able to find everywhere:  your local gym, Pinterest, and just about every YouTube fitness channel in existence.

Tabata is essentially performing a particular exercise or exercises at high intensity for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest.  You repeat this eight times, taking four minutes.  Put routines back to back to create the desired workout length for you.

I like 10 minute workouts.  Because 10 minutes is short.  And I can even put two together, really work hard, and feel like I've truly accomplished something.

Below are two Tabata workouts that I have completed recently that are assured to get your heart pumping and your body moving.  Do them back to back for a fantastic 20 minute workout to help get your Monday off on the right foot.  Or do it after work to help get rid of any stress from the day.  Either way, you'll be really glad you did it.

Happy Monday!

Jessica

10 Minute Tabata Workout / POPSUGAR Fitness 1




Tabata Workout to Tone Everything / POPSUGAR Fitness



No comments:

Post a Comment