Saturday, May 24, 2014

Quinoa Turkey Burgers

Wish the picture did it justice! 
Just in time for Memorial Day, I've got a healthy burger recipe that you'll actually really love. Promise. Pinky promise.  A while back I found a quinoa burger recipe on Pinterest (I know you're shocked) but I never did anything with it.  Fast forward to last Wednesday.  The day I decided to just make up my own burger recipe.  The day everything changed. Our weekly dinner lineups will never be the same.

The recipe is so stinking simple it's ridiculous.  And the result is so stinking good that my husband actually said, "So when do we get to do that again?"  I've told coworkers (some against their will) and just about anyone else that will listen how to make these fabulous burgers.  And now you get to read it.  And what a perfect weekend for it!

Ingredients:

  • 1 Lb Ground Turkey meat
  • 1 packet Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch mix  (shown below)
  • 2-3 Tbsp Pampered Chef Smoky Applewood Rub (shown below) *Note: Any rub of your choice will do.  I would choose something in the same flavor family
  • Pepper
  • 2 Cups, Prepared Quinoa


To Prepare:


  • Prepare your quinoa are directed on the label.
  • Combine ground turkey and quinoa until well mixed
  • Add the fiesta ranch mix and rub, one at a time, until well incorporated (trying to add both at the same time will not allow for proper distribution)
  • Separate the mixture into four patties
  • Sprinkle with pepper if desired
  • Heat a pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray
  • Cook patties, flipping every few minutes, for 12-15 minutes or until done.  
We melted cheese on top and skipped the buns all together.  My husband scooped salsa on top of his while I opted for fire roasted tomatoes.  The only thing that stopped me from having a second was the fact that this burger was so incredibly filling I could barely finish the first one.  

Next time we're going to try mushrooms and caramelized onions as toppers.  And if you must have a bun, I get it.  But, believe me, these burgers don't need but so much dressing up. Really, give this one a try. Even if you're not a turkey burger fan.  Even if you can't say quinoa to save your life.  You'll be glad you did!    

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

--Jess


Pampered Chef Smoke Applewood Rub


No comments:

Post a Comment