Tuesday, February 4, 2014

e.l.f. Essential Shimmering Facial Whip


I know that I’m not the usual Makeup Guru for Caffeine & Concealer.  But I felt like I had to take over that little portion of the blog for at least one post so I could rave about the little tube of awesomeness I picked up this past Saturday. 

While strolling through Target to “get a few things” I purchased these few things. 
Yeah.  That, right there, is what Target does to you.  Sucks you in, and before you know it, you’re buying all new makeup while perfectly good makeup awaits you at home.

The good news?  This whole stash cost me less than $20.  That’s because it was all e.l.f makeup.  If you’re not familiar with elf (we’ll leave the punctuation out for the time being) products here’s the website.  Basically, it looks pricey, really isn't, and actually works well. 

I've used the Flawless Finish Foundation (It smells good.  Yeah, really.), Translucent Matifying Powder, various eye shadows, brushes and (now this is the whole reason I’m writing any of this) the Essential Shimmering Facial Whip. 

Yep, let’s say that again.  I got the Essential Shimmering Facial Whip.  Crazy, long name.  Crazy, good stuff.   It’s this pink-tinted cream that you can put pretty much anywhere you want (It’s suggested for cheeks, eyes and lips).  I've been using it as a cream blush, replacing my usual powder blush.  The overall affect is actually more natural. 

It adds a very pretty iridescent shimmer to your skin that is just right.  When things promise to be “shimmery,” I get a little scared that they will come off a little 80’s Rock N’ Roll Barbie.  You know her.  She’s got bright purplish streaks on her face.  No one wants that.  Correction—no one should want that.  At least not for daily wear.  What you do on your nights out?  Well, that all up to you, my friend. 

Oh, and did I mention that this little bit of happy is only $1?  That’s it.  A dollar.  You can probably find that much in change wondering the No Man’s Land that is the bottom of your purse and the area between the seats in your car.  So go grab some.  Put on as little or as much as you like.  Wear it alone for a little pick-me-up or with a full face of makeup to finish off your look.   

In fact, go ahead and pick up two.   

Note:  This product does come in various colors but my Target only had one--Lilac Petal.  So that’s what I’m using right now.  It’s subtle yet still noticeable.  I think I would be able to go one or two shades darker and still be able to use it as a blush.  Check out the elf website to see what color you think would fit you best.    

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment