Sunday, September 14, 2014

Becoming wanna-be “runners”






Ok, so in case you were wondering who is the trouble maker behind the scenes here at C&C- it is so Jessica! I know, I know, I know- you all thought it was me but boy were you WRONG! That woman has so much motivation and is always thinking of the next challenge we can do!

About a month ago she emails me and asks what I think about running a 5K the weekend before Thanksgiving. Of course I reply to “sign me up”! So then our discussion quickly moves to the slight issue being that neither Jessica nor I have ever run and we should probably start some form of training ASAP as we only have about 12 weeks before we hit the pavement for this 5k!
Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she can conquer the world. -Marilyn Monroe #doactiveproducts #doworthy
So as of right now, we are all signed up and attempting training by walking with occasional bouts of running. Today we went for a run and ran about two and a half miles (running one and a half min. and walking a min.). I think we did pretty good! There is a good possibility that we will be able to run the entire 5K in November!

And this is where we need help from you…. We need encouragement and all the tips/advice you can offer as we are fish out of water!


*****RUN 5K************From Couch to Completion Line: How To Train For a 5k | Her Campus




Here is a training schedule that we found on Pinterest! If you are interested in training with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment